We were in love with Sadie from the get-go; though to be honest, for the first few weeks I felt like I was babysitting, keeping Sadie's birth mom, Sarah (not her real name) updated with texts and photos every few days. Those were rough exchanges, I'm sure for both of us. Joey and I held our breath during the seven months leading up to finalization in court and Sadie's sealing to us in the temple, especially as more than one well-meaning? individual told us stories about couples they knew who had adopted only to have the birth mother or father change their mind and take the child back. "You never know!" They would say. "But I do hope that doesn't happen with you." Please never, ever tell these stories to adopting couples until after things have settled. They are already aware of the possibility, and they are probably more familiar with the adoption laws surrounding their situation than you are. Sadie goes to court In that vein, it doe...
Comments
Post a Comment