Goal #14: Take the girls snowshoeing in the mountains



Joey and I thought snowshoeing would be a simple but adventurous way to get the girls outside, enjoying the snowy mountains. We have a makeshift sled Joey had put together years ago for pulling gear in the snow and I did did a practice run with the girls in our giant yard a few days before we took them to the mountains. They had so much fun that they wouldn't let me stop pulling them around.


The day we took them to Dutch Hollow in Midway was sunny and warm and very beautiful. We (read: Joey) pulled the girls in the sled while my brothers Kevin and Kyle followed along. They (read: the girls) only started to get fussy once Joey left the track and ventured out onto the untouched snow. They may have fallen out a couple of times and we had a rough time getting them excited about the sled after that. Still, I consider it a very successful adventure. We'll see if we can get them back in the sled again soon.




Comments

  1. Fun! I keep hoping we will have enough snow to snowshoe soon. Fingers crossed. A place near us rents ones for kids for cheap and then we put the baby in the hiking backpack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 in 500

#47: Pay off Camry loan

Our Adoption Story: Part II- Pregnancy After Adoption